Looking for Bosch Router Table?
Bosch Router Table: Planning to build a tree house for the kids? You’ve got all the necessary tools and wood you need, all you have to is follow the instructions from a manual right? But it is easier said than done, it takes immense patience and perseverance to transform a block of wood into a beautiful piece of furniture. All those who have tried their hands at DIY projects would find this relatable. Woodworkers often complain of how they don’t get a solid base to work on. This is where router tables come into the picture. Every workman’s best friend, a sturdy router table makes woodworking so much easier! The Bosch RA1181, though introduced as a benchtop tool can also be used for woodworking. To know more check out this review on the Bosch RA1181 discussing all the facts and features.
Although not the best choice for commercial heavy duty work, the Bosch RA1181 is perfect for light and casual woodworking. With its tough and powerful design it really simplifies your job. You get a huge workspace, an attached aluminium router plate, a reliable dust collection system all at a very reasonable price.
The facts and features:
Mentioned below are the technical specifications, facts and many features offered by the Bosch RA1181 router table:
- Product dimensions: 27 x 18 x 14.5 inches
- Product weight: 34.4 pounds
- Table dimension: 27 x 18inches
- An aluminium framework that offers a 1 year warranty
- Compatible benchtop, you get 2 customisable feather boards, and efficient dust collection system
- The cord wrap feature and foldable design
- Comes with a 15 amp dual switch system and a power cord
- The rigid aluminium router is armed with MDF plates- 4 7/8” x 25 1/8”
- It includes a set of three mounting plate insert rings, and dependable routers
- A starter pin guard and outfeed fence shims for better accuracy
- The load shedding and auto shut down feature saves electricity
- Quick to start and easy to use
- Sturdy and powerful framework
- Fixed aluminium routers for accuracy
- The smart dust collecting port
- Large 27 inches work space
- Compact and easy to store
- Extra accessories such as adjustable feather boards and handle
- Not really compatible for heavy woodworking
- Uneven surface causes an obstacle
Why should you go for it?
Discussed below in detail are some of the key features of Bosch RA1181 router table:
Breaking down the Bosch RA1181
The Bosch RA1181 is composed of three parts, the table, the electric panel and the fence. The 27” table is your workspace, the electric panes your connection and the fence for protection. The aluminium router runs on electricity. Also the legs are firmly fixed to provide more sturdiness to the machine.
Very easy to assemble:
Unlike other router tables available in the market that have complicated fixtures, the Bosch RA1181 is quite easy to set up. The manual provides a step by step process of assembling and using the product. The flat slots on the legs help you firmly clamp the machine.
Easy to store:
The compact design, power cord wrap and foldable framework can fit in your cupboards easily, a practical choice for small apartments and workplaces.
One of the best things about this router table is the huge table. This 27 inch table can accommodate large planks of wood and can even easily fit in all your tools. The aluminium coated head makes the Bosch RA1181 tough and durable. The flat table top reduces friction and is kind of curved towards the end for smooth sliding of wood. And the many 3/8” and ¾” slots simplifies assembling
Aluminium router pate:
The powerful aluminium plate is absolutely rigid giving you better control over the piece of wood. It keeps the wooden plank steady so you can work on it easily. It is compatible to routers due to its pre drilled design you can even customise the diameter accordingly.
A 25 inch long aluminium pole and couple of MDF plates support the fence allowing you to adjust it as per requirement. The Bosch RA1181 even comes with two adjustable feather boards. There is very negligible space between the plates for precise calculations when working.
The Bosch RA1181 router table has a smart dust collection system to accumulate all the sawdust in accessories include three mounting plate rings, a power cord you can easily wrap up and a powerful 15 amp switch with two outlets.
Also read: Best Router Table Review
The final verdict:
All in all the Bosch RA1181 is a versatile and tough router table that is high on performance and low on the budget. You get a 1 month guarantee as well in case you’re not satisfied with the product. If you’re looking for a light and simple workstation, this router table is a smart choice offering good value for money.